It measures 12.25 inches long, 19 inches wide, and 37 inches tall. We got the chair with a green back, white tray, and walnut base, and it looks very nice. Your other color combination options are orange and birch, and taupe and birch. But its appeal goes beyond its looks.
The history of the OXO Sprout Chair is rather amusing. In a 5-year period, OXO employees had a total of 215 babies. This group of parents then used their collective experiences with babies and chairs to design a multi-stage chair that offers a comfortable setting for children while eliminating the headaches that come with other high chairs.
- The chair adheres to both the ASTM and CPSIA standards. The cushions are free of PVC, phthalate, and BPA.
- It comes with a seat, a tray, and even a footrest. All these components are adjustable.
- The high chair setting comes with 3 settings for seat height and depth, a very gentle crotch post, a cushion, and a 5-point harness. The seat, cushion and back are all very nice and comfy for the baby, while it also promotes sitting up properly.
- The food tray is adjustable too, and you can do so with just one hand so the other hand can still attend to the baby. It provides a stable setting for food, and the edges have walls so that up to 7 ounces of liquid can be contained without spilling onto the floor.
- The footrest offers 4 different settings, so that your child’s legs are comfortably resting instead of just dangling there.
- The adjustable settings allow the toddlers to use this for feeding until they’re 3 years old. After that, it can convert to a youth chair without the need for the tray. It can be adjusted to a lower eight (3 settings available) so the child can sit at the table with the family for meals, and it can also be used as a table for a study desk. It even comes with an extra cushion.
- The cushions and tray are very easy to clean. You can just wipe them down to get rid of sticky messes and crumbs.
Pros and Cons
First of all, this chair is quite helpful and comfortable for babies. The crotch post is very gentle and it keeps the child in place, while the tray offers them an accessible station for their food and even toys. After a while, the tray can be removed and the child can eat at the table. The addition of the footrest is a nice touch, as it keeps the feet from dangling and children don’t become restless and begin to kick out. Even the harness straps are adjustable and it doesn’t bother the children all that much.
But it sure is great for parents to, because everything they need to do is so much easier. The assembly is quite straightforward, even though the instructions may not be as clear as you would like. Once that’s done, it’s great. At the very least, you won’t have to worry about your child falling out of the chair. You won’t have to worry about their comfort either.
You won’t have to worry about your comfort too. It’s very easy to adjust the settings, so you don’t have to spend a lot of time frustrated not knowing what to do. It’s also very easy to clean, so even after a few years it can look like it’s brand new. If something needs replacement, the customer support people are very helpful, and they can send you the replacement parts right away.
Maybe the only thing “wrong” with this is that your child may be tempted to crawl or climb up to this high chair. That may not be all that safe if they’re still very young, so make sure you’re nearby to help your child get to their seat.
No reviews yet